Mudgeeraba Pony & Hack Club Inc.
Mudgeeraba Pony & Hack Club Inc. has been established since March of 1974 and has been an integral part of the community with a long standing reputation of excellence in equine tradition and camaraderie amongst its members.
Pony Club was established to encourage young people to ride and to learn to enjoy all kinds of sport connected with horses and riding, to provide instruction in riding and horsemanship and to instil in members the proper care of their animals and to promote the highest ideals of sportsmanship, citizenship and loyalty, thereby cultivating strength of character and self -discipline.
In order to achieve these objectives, the club holds rally days twice a month as well as competitions which pony clubbers from all over the southeast corner attend. Trained volunteer instructors promote the objectives of pony club and conduct sessions that meet the Pony Club Association Queensland (PCAQ) curriculum.
Mudgeeraba Pony & Hack Club is one of 15 clubs in Zone 2 which is geographically spreads through out the Logan, Gold Coast, and Beaudesert shires.
Membership fees for 2023 are as follows:-
Riding Member - $210*
Social Member - $50
3rd & Sequent Riding Member/s (within a single family) - $126.55
*all riding members under 18 years old must have at least one parent or guardian join as a social or riding member.
Code of Conduct
Please click here to view the document that covers all the codes of conduct especially in regards to areas such as behaviour of riders, parents, instructors, administers, officials. It also covers such areas as sexual harassment, social media policy, anti discrimination policy, smoking and alcohol policy and cyber bullying. It’s a comprehensive read a hard copy is available at the club office.
The above link will also lead you to other policies for your information. Please take the time to read through as it will help you understand the character of the organisation as a whole.
Our club has a set of rules which aim to ensure safety to riders and horses:
- most importantly tails to the rails when waiting for instructor
- walking only, when not under instruction, especially between the classes
- no riding out the back unsupervised during a rally day
- proper correct footwear for handling horses for everyone
- helmets when riding always
- Not riding another person’s horse unless guardian’s permission has been granted.
- Attendance of at least 2 rally days with combination of horse and rider before being able to seek permission to attend an outside event
- Parents should stay off the arena unless there is a specific reason for them to be there.
- Every rider under 18 years must have a responsible parent/guardian on the grounds with them at all times
Pony Club Association of Queensland www.pcaq.asn.au
Zone 2 Pony Clubs www.zoneponyclub.com